WHEATON, MD — The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) staff invites ice and roller hockey players, figure and speed skaters and roller hockey players to participate in Ice Fest 2005, Saturday, September 17, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., at Wheaton Ice Arena.
Skaters and hockey players can join in a speed skating demonstration, a free beginner skating lesson, a free beginner stick and puck/hockey lesson and on-site skate sharpening. They can also gear up for the new season by buying new and used equipment and selling old equipment in the huge pro shop sale.
There are seven sections to the Ice Fest day:
- Public session - 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. ($5.50 admission includes skate rental)
- Speed skating demonstration - 1:45-2:45 p.m.
- Free stick and puck/hockey lesson - 2:45-3:15 p.m. (all ages welcome)
- Free beginner lessons - 3:15-3:45 p.m. (all ages welcome)
- Figure skating show - 4:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Public session - 4:30-6:30 p.m. ($5.50 admission includes skate rental)
- University of Maryland women’s hockey team practice – 6:45-8:15 p.m. (admission free).
Located at 11751 Orebaugh Avenue in Wheaton, the Wheaton Ice Arena is a year ‘round NHL size rink offering sessions for all skating abilities and interests. Programs are offered for recreational, freestyle, hockey and speed skaters. Also offered are a warming room, party rooms, a pro shop and a snack bar. The Wheaton In-Line facility is available for leased ice time and parties from late October through Mid-February. For more information, please call the Wheaton Ice Arena, 301-649-3640 or visit www.wheatonicearena.com.